RICARD is responsible for processing your personal data within the meaning of this regulation. (Contact details of the Pernod Ricard Group’s Data Protection Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org.)
1. What categories of data do we collect?
Personal Data is collected only with your consent (that is, if you provide it directly to us through one of the online forms available on the Website, or through cookies to which you have given your consent, if any), if you wish to access the many features and various services that our Website offers or may offer in the following ways:
- Subscribe to a newsletter or create an account
- Participate in a lottery or a contest
- Reactions, questions or comments, including through our contact form
- Any other requests, and including requests relating to the consumer service, which require the transmission of personal data
The nature and amount of data collected depends on the purpose of the features listed below and therefore may vary. For certain activities or services, you may be asked to generate a login and/or password, and/or to provide other information: (i) your age or date of birth, (ii) your gender, (iii) how often you use our Website or products, (iv) information concerning your home, your lifestyle and your interests.
2. For what purposes is this data collected?
All the data we collect is used for the purposes for which you have transmitted this data to us and identified as such at the time of its collection, namely:
- to respond to your requests or comments;
- to make it easier for you to use our Website, to customize how you experience our Website and to customize our products according to your interests and needs;
- to (anonymously) produce statistics about activity on the Website in order to measure user satisfaction and the quality of our services and, as a result, to be able to improve and optimize the Website;
- to contact you about products and services that may be of interest to you, for promotional or commercial communication purposes, provided that you have given your prior consent;
- to maintain the security of the Website;
- to transfer data to Pernod Ricard SA (582 041 943 RCS PARIS) and to other entities directly or indirectly controlled by Pernod Ricard SA - within the meaning of Article L.233-3 of the French Commercial Code (collectively referred to as “Pernod Ricard Group”) and/or to RICARD’s commercial partners, for the purpose of improving our knowledge of your preferences and for sending you promotional messages in line with your expectations, provided that you have given your prior consent.
In addition to the purposes for which you have provided your Personal Data, you may also have the option (by using a checkbox or another means) to permit your data to be used for activities or services that differ from the original activity or service you requested. For example, if you contact us via the contact form, you may also be invited to subscribe to receive newsletters or promotional offers, or offers from other Pernod Ricard Group websites or products. If you decide to take advantage of these additional services, we will use your data to provide these services to you.
We may also use your Personal and/or Demographic Data as part of our internal marketing and demographic studies, in order to continually improve and customize the products and services we provide to you, and to better meet your needs.
The data will be kept for as long as necessary for the purposes for which it was collected and will, in any event, be destroyed when the purpose for which it was collected is no longer necessary, in accordance with the provision of Article 6.
3. To whom is this data transmitted?
RICARD will never communicate your Personal Data to third parties who intend to use it for direct marketing purposes, unless RICARD has expressly informed you of this possibility and has received your prior express authorization.
For the purposes set out in Article 2, RICARD may transmit your Personal Data to the companies of the Pernod Ricard Group.
RICARD may also share your Personal Data with third parties, but only in the cases listed below. Data is shared with companies that provide sufficient guarantees of protection with regard to the applicable regulations.
- We may use service providers, agents or suppliers to help us process and manage our Website’s internal operations or available features, programs and promotions. These third parties are required to maintain the confidentiality and security of your Personal Data and to implement the appropriate measures.
- When we launch a program or joint operation on our Website or in partnership with another reputable company, organization or third party, and when we collect and process Personal Data in connection with this event, we may share your Personal Data with our partner. If your Personal Data is collected by (or shared with) a company other than RICARD for the purpose of this promotion, we will notify you about this at the time of collection of your Personal Data and will request your consent.
- We may also disclose your Personal Data when required to do so by law or if we believe in good faith that this action is reasonably necessary to comply with legal procedures, to respond to any claims or protect the security or rights of the Pernod Ricard Group, its customers or the public.
- In the event of a merger or the acquisition of RICARD, in whole or in part, by another company or if RICARD sells or transfers all or part of its activities, the purchaser would have access to the information which RICARD has obtained, including the Personal Data, subject to the applicable laws. Similarly, Personal Data may be transferred as part of a corporate restructuring, an insolvency proceeding or another similar event, if permitted by and in accordance with applicable law.
4. Cookies and other trackers
This Site uses trackers, such as cookies, IP addresses or event logs, to collect the following information: browser type and operating system, referring page, clickstream data on the Website and the ISP domain name, in order to improve the use and functionality of our websites, and to better understand how visitors use our Website and the tools and services we offer on it. Tracking technologies allow us to adapt our Website to your personal needs.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small files installed on your device that perform a variety of functions, including allowing you to efficiently navigate between pages, remember your preferences, and in general, enhance your experience on our Website.
What kind of cookies are used on the Website and how do I disable these cookies?
Certain cookies on this Website are indispensable and essential for using the Website and some of its functionalities (age filter, identification of the current session and the user language, for example).
Other cookies are used to optimize your browsing on our Website or to establish anonymous statistics and volumes of visits and usage of various content, sections, etc., of the Website which allows us to improve the value of our services or to provide you with content related to your interests and to target and customize the offers we send you.
With the exception of so-called “essential” cookies, which you cannot disable, these cookies may be individually or collectively deactivated at any time.
Below, you will find the list of cookies used on the Website, their purpose and how to disable them.
In accordance with the recommendations of the French National Commission for Information Technology and Civil Liberties (CNIL), cookies are kept for a maximum period of 13 months.
An IP address is a number used by computers on the network to identify your computer each time you connect to the Internet. We may store IP (Internet Protocol) addresses in order to: (i) resolve certain technical problems, (ii) maintain the security of our Website, (iii) limit access to our Website to certain users and (iv) to better understand how our Website is used;
We may (or a third party may on our behalf) collect information in the form of an event log that records activity on our Website and collects statistics about users’ browsing habits. These entries are generated anonymously and allow us to collect data about, among other things, (i) a user’s operating system and browser type, (ii) information about a user session (such as the URL of origin, the date and time our Website was viewed, the pages viewed on our Website, and how long they were viewed), and (iii) other similar clickstream data. We also use the information contained in event logs as part of our internal marketing and demographic studies, so that we can constantly improve and customize the online services we offer you. Event logs are used internally only and are not associated with any particular user.
5. Is your Personal Data sent to recipients in third countries?
Taking into account the international dimension of the Pernod Ricard Group and for the purposes mentioned above, your Personal Data may be transferred outside the borders of the European Union, to countries which do not always benefit from an adequacy decision but which offer appropriate guarantees, or to the United States.
The data can be exchanged:
- between different companies of the Pernod Ricard Group
- with third-party service providers authorized to provide shared services at the Pernod Ricard Group level and established in or outside the European Union.
RICARD and the Pernod Ricard Group take the necessary measures to safeguard the security of Personal Data, both during transfer and at the place of destination, by implementing transfer contracts with recipient entities based on the standard contractual clauses of the European Commission in accordance with the requirements of applicable law.
When transferring data to the United States, we verify that the companies receiving the information are members of the Privacy Shield, a self-certification mechanism recognized by the European Commission as offering an adequate level of protection to personal data transferred to the United States.
6. How long do we keep your Personal Data?
Unless otherwise indicated, we keep your data for the time strictly necessary for the purposes for which it was collected and in accordance with the applicable regulations and subject to the exercise of your right of objection or erasure, including for the duration of the User account (as long as you have not unsubscribed), in order to improve your user experience and to send you general newsletters for information purposes.
After this period, your Personal Data will be deleted. Nevertheless, the data may be archived beyond the periods provided for the purposes of investigation, identification and prosecution of criminal offences for the sole purpose of making this data available to the judicial authority, where necessary. Archiving means that this data is anonymized and can no longer be consulted online but is extracted and stored on an autonomous and secure medium.
7. What are your rights?
In accordance with the applicable regulations on the protection of personal data, you have the right to access, rectify, erase and to restrict the processing of your personal data, the right to data portability and the right to object to the processing of your personal data.
You have the right, as the case may be, to have your data rectified, completed, updated or blocked when this data is inaccurate, incomplete, ambiguous or out of date, or where its collection, use, communication or storage is prohibited. You may also withdraw your consent to the processing of your data at any time.
You also have a right to have your data erased in the cases listed in the regulation.
You can exercise these rights by simple request to RICARD by email at the following address: email@example.com.
We shall undertake to reply within one month of receiving your request. This period may be extended for an additional two months due to the complexity and number of applications.
If you have subscribed to email information services, you may also ask to no longer receive these emails by sending a simple request to RICARD by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by following the instructions in each of these emails when you receive them.
For all requests for information regarding the protection of personal data, you can contact us by using the addresses mentioned above.
8. What security measures are used?
RICARD takes all necessary technical and organizational measures to safeguard the confidentiality and security of your Personal Data collected on the Website in order to prevent it from being altered, damaged, destroyed or accessed by unauthorized third parties.
If you consider that the processing of your Personal Data constitutes a violation of applicable regulations, you have the right to file an action with the CNIL.
Updated on: May 18, 2018